The arts address almost the full range of skills and knowledge that pre-schoolers need in order to move successfully into kindergarten. Wolf Trap sessions target the following developmental categories, but can be adapted to encompass any curriculum topics as well.
- Emerging Literacy Skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Verbalization skills
- Group awareness and socialization skills
- Self-awareness and self-confidence
- Creative expression
- Ability to concentrate and remember
- Gross and fine motor control
- Motivation and enthusiasm for learning
- Conceptual topics that support Head Start and other pre-school curriculums
- Mathematics and Science
Click here to read the sample activity!
Click here to learn more about Wolf Trap’s Early Childhood STEM Learning Through the Arts.