The IT Support Technician position available at the Tennessee Performing Arts Center information technologies department is a great way to progress your career. We are a non-profit organization dedicated to providing fast reliable, and secure ticketing services for TPAC and its resident companies to Nashville and surrounding areas 24-7. We are a high-level PCI compliant organization with cutting edge technology that fosters growth. We have a very organized, secure and hardworking IT department available to service needs of staff and customers. If interested in the position please email Jobs@tpac.org with your resume. Insert “IT Support Technician Position” in the subject line. No calls, please.
This position requires experience and skills acquired from years of experience in the field. It is an opportunity to work with a medium size PCI compliant production environment with access to the latest technologies. Expectations are that the successful candidate will be self-motivated and able to hit the ground running in a fast-paced multitasking environment. We have fun but take our roles very seriously in process, policy and security. This is an excellent place to work and develop the skills in a small team environment. Training and select certification expenses will be available.
• Providing a high level of customer service with security always being priority.
• Answers staff questions in person, via phone and via email on all company supported applications and hardware.
• Troubleshoots telephone, computer, application and printer problems.
• Determines source of computer problems (hardware, software, user access, etc) and advises staff on appropriate action.
• Serves as a liaison between staff and the IT department to help resolve issues.
• Monitors company’s antivirus product for threats and maintains accurate database of machines that have the AV client installed.
• Using and updating the IT help desk system, provides documents and resolutions for future reference.
• Keeps accurate and current work orders with notations about current status and detailed resolutions when closed.
• Oversees performance and maintenance of the printers and copiers.
• Manages security camera and access control system and facilitates vendor support.
• Establishes and maintains user accounts, profiles, file sharing, access privileges and security.
• Works with Help Desk Solutions Specialists as an escalation of work orders and to advise on troubleshooting.
• Assists Director of Information Systems with projects and implementations in conjunction with daily duties.
• Utilizing project management skills to plan, execute, test and record projects to optimize success.
• Proactively monitors and reports on server and network infrastructure to identify and remediate issues.
• Assists Director of Information Systems in maintenance of backup system and regular testing.
• Works with Director of Information Systems and phone vendor support to maintain and resolve issues with telephony systems.
• Maintains accurate documentation of network and computing topology.
• Maintains and up-to-date inventory of computer hardware and software.
• Participates in rotating IT on-call procedure.
The above listed duties are not all-inclusive. This position is expected to perform other work-related duties as assigned even though they may not be considered primary duties.
Skills and Education
• Working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems & products required • Working knowledge of switches, routers & firewalls required • Experience with Office 365, SharePoint, One Drive provisioning and support preferred • Experience with monitoring and reporting systems required. Knowledge of SolarWinds preferred • Basic experience with VMware and EqualLogic storage infrastructure preferred • Working knowledge of Milestone & ShoreTel preferred • CompTIA, Microsoft or VMware certifications given preference • Associates degree or equivalent training and/or equivalent work experience is required • Ability to provide and maintain detailed documentation and organization is a must!
• Ability to learn department standards for operation & security is required • Excellent communication & customer relationship skills are required
The Tennessee Performing Arts Center (TPAC) is a private, non-profit organization dedicated to providing and supporting the presentation of the performing arts. TPAC is located in downtown Nashville, occupying an entire city block between 5th and 6th Avenues and Deaderick and Union Streets.