KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
TEDxWomen conferences bring together a global community of people interested in exploring how change begins: with innovative thinkers who catalyze ideas toward action. Over the past few years, TEDWomen and TEDxWomen have launched some powerful ideas into the world.
This is our year to be BOLD + BRILLIANT — without apology. At TEDxNashvilleWomen 2019, we’re shining a spotlight on dazzling ideas from some of the world’s most extraordinary risk-takers and innovators. Celebrating pioneers making power moves, brilliant people who are just getting started, and those who tirelessly show up as allies and advocates.
TEDxNashvilleWomen 2019 promises to be a joyful, thought-provoking celebration of smarts, savvy and diverse dynamism.
The event will take place on Friday, December 6th from 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM at War Memorial Auditorium. There will be general admission seating, so arrive early for the best seats and make sure to stick around for the reception starting at 5:00 PM!
- RITA WILSON - Actress, Singer-Songwriter, Producer; "How I Forgot to Ask Myself What I Want, and Why We All Need to be Asking That Question"
- CLARICE PHELPS - Program Manager, Oak Ridge National Laboratory; "The Chain Reaction of Collaboration"
- BETSY WILLS - Life Designer & Intrepid Optimist; "The Secret to Navigating a Lifetime of Transitions"
- ARIEL BLOOMER - Author & Lead Singer ICON FOR HIRE; "Using Sadness to Create a Big Beautiful Life"
- AZITA GHANIZADA - Actress, Advocate & Founder MENA Arts; "Plight of a Lost People: The Importance of Seeing Yourself in Film and TV Heroes"
- DR. ZINA JARRAHI CINKER - Executive Director, National Graphene Association; "How Graphene Will Cause Us to Think About Life In 2D"
- CHRIS KUKK - Author, Professor, Compassion Advocate; "Why We Need to Make Compassion a Verb Again"
- SARAH MARTIN MCCONNELL - Founder & Executive Director, Music For Seniors; "Sharing Live Music with Seniors. Transformational & Essential"
- LILY CLAYTON HANSEN - Author & Interviewer; "How Conversations With Strangers For Me Are Self Care"
- PERFORMANCE BY: THE SHINDELLAS
- YOGA @ INTERMISSION WITH: RAQUEL BUENO
- EMCEE: KRISTINA “LADY FURY” GRUNDY