Public On Sale: Friday, October 29, 2021, at 10:00 a.m.
Nashville Opera's current Patron Entry Policy requires guests 6+ years of age to wear a mask and guests 12+ years of age to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or a negative COVID-19 PCR or antigen test administered by a healthcare professional within 3 days (72 hours) of the performance date. For more details and Nashville Opera's updated health protocols, visit nashvilleopera.org/patron-safety.
Patron Entry Details
- All patrons 6+ years of age are required to wear masks consistent with CDC guidelines (completely covering the nose, mouth, and under the chin) while inside Noah Liff Opera Center. Nashville Opera also highly recommends children ages 2-5 wear a mask.
- Before entering the venue, fully vaccinated patrons 12+ years of age are required to present to event staff printed or digital documentation of their vaccination status, indicating completion of final dose at least 14 days prior to the performance date. The official vaccination card must include the name of the patron and the date of the final vaccine administered (second dose for Moderna/Pfizer and single dose for Johnson & Johnson).
- As an alternative, patrons 12+ years of age may present printed or digital documentation of a negative COVID-19 PCR or antigen test result administered within 2 days (48 hours) of the performance date. Documentation must include the name of the patron and the date of the test and be administered by an official testing center, healthcare provider, or pharmacy.
- A matching ID will be required for all guests 19+ years of age presenting documentation of a negative COVID-19 test or full vaccination status.
- Public spaces within Noah Liff Opera Center do not allow for social distancing. We encourage physical distancing in elevators, restrooms, and other public areas.
- Any special conditions or policy changes for upcoming events will be sent to ticket holders prior to performances and updated at nashvilleopera.org/patron-safety.
The world premiere of folk operetta FAVORITE SON marks Nashville Opera’s second collaboration with GRAMMY Award-winning Nashville songwriter Marcus Hummon. Along with Top 40 singles for Tim McGraw, Wynonna Judd, and Alabama, Hummon has three #1 country hits to date: “Cowboy Take Me Away” by the Chicks, “Born to Fly” by Sara Evans, and the Rascal Flatts version of “Bless the Broken Road,” which won the GRAMMY for Best Country Song in 2006. Drawing from experiences in the composer’s own life, the poignant FAVORITE SON journeys through one man’s memories to find the essence of truth. Cast members include singer, songwriter, session musician, and four-time Grammy-nominated artist Darrell Scott; popular crossover tenor and minor-league baseball player John Riesen; Jennifer Whitcomb-Oliva, seen in last fall’s world premiere opera film One Vote Won; and Emma Grimsley, who led the North American touring company of The Phantom of the Opera as Christine through its closing in February 2020.
Music and libretto by Marcus Hummon
Directed by John Hoomes
Sung in English with projected English lyrics