An unforgettable live multimedia experience.
“Sweeping the nation with live performances of human interest stories…like an emotionally intellectual rock concert.”—Playbill
Pop-Up Magazine is the acclaimed live magazine show, featuring original and unforgettable true stories, art, music, and performance from the world’s great and emerging storytellers and journalists, accompanied by illustration, animation, film, photography, and an original score performed onstage by our musical collaborators, Magik*Magik Orchestra. Imagine a comedy show, play, concert, podcast, and film—all wrapped into one night.
Pop-Up Magazine will embark on a themed tour this fall: Love Stories. First loves and blind dates, heartbreak and missed connections, life-long companionship and chosen family. What does love mean to you? Pop-Up Magazine: Love Stories will explore powerful, hilarious, and moving stories about love in different forms: marriage, friendship, self-love, redemption, longing, and so much more.
With support from Google, Pop-Up Magazine: Love Stories will feature ASL interpreters, open captioning, audio descriptions, and ADA accessible seating. For more information, please visit our FAQ.
Contributors to Pop-Up Magazine: Love Stories include writer and actor Ryan O’Connell (Netflix’s Special; Peacock’s Queer as Folk; author of I'm Special: And Other Lies We Tell Ourselves), poet Sarah Kay (Project VOICE), musician Victoria Canal (Elegy EP), radio producer Rachael Cusick (Radiolab), filmmaker Nadav Kurtz (Paraiso, a Sundance Film Festival selection), comedian Pamela Rae Schuller (“What Makes Me Tic”), director and filmmaker Adrian L. Burrell (The Game God(S), director Ben-Alex Dupris (“Sweetheart Dancers”), and more.
You can learn more at popupmagazine.com/lovestories.
“A sensation” – New York Times
“Beautiful” – Los Angeles Times
“Delightful humanity” – New York Magazine
“Better than comedy, better than film, better than theater. I laughed, I cried.”—Uproxx
"Picture sitting down with your smartest friends and consuming a magazine with the help of erudite narrators and live musical accompaniment....Your live event-starved senses will thank you."—KQED
For information on in-person sales and service visit TPAC’s Ticketing Info page.
NO photos or videos allowed.
TPAC's updated Patron Entry Policy for Pop-Up Magazine highly recommends all guests to wear a mask while in the theater regardless of age or vaccination status. For more details and TPAC's updated health and safety protocols, visit TPAC.ORG/PatronHealth.
- Please note all tickets for TPAC events are fully digital and accessible via your mobile device through our TPAC Concierge Mobile App. A mobile ticket is the safest, most convenient, and flexible way to receive and manage your tickets while increasing protection against fraud.
- All transactions are final. No refunds.
- Late seating will be at the discretion of the House Manager.
- TPAC is an accessible facility with a variety of services. Visit our Accessible Services page for more information.
- There is no elevator access to the upper levels of War Memorial.
Designated Accessible ASL/ Caption Seating:
- Orchestra Section 4, Row A, Seats 5-8
- Orchestra Section 4, Row B, Seats 6-9
- Orchestra Section 4, Row C, Seats 5-8
- Orchestra Section 5, Row A, Seats 1-4
- Orchestra Section 5, Row B, Seats 1-4
- Orchestra Section 5, Row C, Seats 1-4