Daniel Catan's Florencia en el Amazonas
Sung in Spanish with easy-to-read English supertitles
Inspired by the writings of Gabriel Garcia Marquez, this ravishingly beautiful romantic opera is an examination of love in all of its joys and folly. In 1910, seven people board a small steamboat for a voyage down the Amazon River toward an unexplored jungle paradise. But soon the characters find themselves on a surreal journey that dares to venture deep into the mysteries of the human heart. Among all the passengers, Florencia seeks the most desperate love of all: Lost love. A true love she long ago let slip through her fingers, and now vows to find again. Join us as we take a voyage into the sensual world of “magic realism”, overflowing with a vibrant orchestral score inspired by the lush romanticism of Puccini and Ravel, and featuring a poignant story that will touch your heart and make your soul soar like an blue sapphire jungle butterfly amid the foliage of the tropical rain forest.
For information on in-person sales and service visit TPAC’s Ticketing Info page.
For more details about TPAC's patron entry protocols, visit TPAC.ORG/ShowUpdates.
- Please note all tickets for TPAC events are fully digital and accessible via your mobile device through our TPAC Concierge Mobile App. A mobile ticket is the safest, most convenient, and flexible way to receive and manage your tickets while increasing protection against fraud.
- TPAC is not responsible for tickets purchased through the secondary market. If your order confirmation was not sent by firstname.lastname@example.org, you did not purchase your tickets from TPAC. Visit TPAC.ORG/BuyerBeware for more information.
- TPAC is an accessible facility with a variety of services. Visit our Accessible Services page for more information.
James K. Polk
- Wheelchair accessible seating is located at the back of the orchestra level.
- There is no elevator access to Grand Tier level.
- All non-accessible seating requires taking stairs.