hero image ID: 518926
string(1) " "
string(18) "April 5 - 14, 2024"
April 5 - 14, 2024
LOCATION: James K. Polk Theater
STARTING AT: $50
The Color Purple is a stirring and soulful musical that tells the story of Celie, a young woman who endures years of abuse and hardship at the hands of the men in her life. Along the way, Celie forms close bonds with other women, including the vibrant and independent Shug Avery and the strong and fierce Sofia. Through the power of sisterhood and self-discovery, Celie finds her voice and breaks free from the chains of oppression. Based on the Pulitzer Prize-winning novel by Alice Walker and the hit 1985 movie, The Color Purple has an unforgettable score mixed with gospel, blues, and jazz. The Color Purple is a moving and inspiring story of hope and a celebration of life and the human spirit.
For information on in-person sales and service visit TPAC’s Ticketing Info page.
For more details about TPAC's patron entry protocols, visit TPAC.ORG/ShowUpdates.
- Please note all tickets for TPAC events are fully digital and accessible via your mobile device through our TPAC Concierge Mobile App. A mobile ticket is the safest, most convenient, and flexible way to receive and manage your tickets while increasing protection against fraud.
- TPAC is not responsible for tickets purchased through the secondary market. If your order confirmation was not sent by firstname.lastname@example.org, you did not purchase your tickets from TPAC. Visit TPAC.ORG/BuyerBeware for more information.
- TPAC is an accessible facility with a variety of services. Visit our Accessible Services page for more information.
James K. Polk
- Wheelchair accessible seating is located at the back of the orchestra level.
- There is no elevator access to Grand Tier level.
- All non-accessible seating requires taking stairs.