TPAC closes theaters through April 12
Our top priority is ensuring our audiences enjoy meaningful and safe experiences with the arts and protecting the health and well-being of our patrons, touring artists, volunteers, and employees.
In response to rising concerns about the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) and due to events beyond our control, including the declaration of a Tennessee and federal state of emergency, TPAC will close Andrew Jackson Hall, James K. Polk Theater, Andrew Johnson Theater, and the historic War Memorial Auditorium from March 14 through April 12.
We have determined that presenting these events may be dangerous to public health and safety. Closing our venues is the right action to prevent exposing our employees and the people we serve to health risks and to reduce the strain on our healthcare providers.
Patrons holding tickets for performances affected by this closure will be contacted by the TPAC Box Office on the status of that performance and their options. TPAC is working to reschedule as many of the affected performances and events as possible and asks for patrons’ patience as this process may take some time.
As a nonprofit dedicated to the support and presentation of high-quality arts experiences for all ages, TPAC is built on the unique power of the arts to bring people together. We look forward to welcoming you back to our venues when we can safely proceed with regular operations.
How to minimize risk of transmission
To further minimize risk, we ask that you please be mindful of the following:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are ill
- Stay home when you are ill
- Practice good respiratory etiquette and cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing
- If using a tissue, immediately throw the tissue in the garbage and wash your hands
TN Coronavirus Public Information Line: 1-877-857-2945 (Available 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily)