Goal & Position Overview
The Event Services Department strives to represent TPAC as the “Gold Standard” within the performing arts and public assembly/facility management industry through uncompromised work ethic and outstanding performance.
The Event Services Manager functions as an Event Manager under the supervision of and in coordination with the Director of Event Services. The Event Services Manager is required to help develop, schedule, coordinate & effectively communicate the needs of all events; including internal TPAC and WMA programming, TPAC Resident Companies, State and rental clients.
- To serve as a liaison between venue, clients and outside vendors; maintaining TPAC’s reputation of having the most knowledgeable and customer-friendly event staff.
- Effectively interface with all internal departments to disseminate information integral to the successful implementation of events.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records for all events, including Artifax entry, event-specific advance information, data entry, settlement and billing for Finance Department, as well as information required for industry reporting.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves as Event Manager for all types of events including TPAC and WMA Presents, Resident Groups, Broadway, State, Rental and various other events.
- Thinks independently and critically. Makes competent and timely decisions in the best interest of all concerned while addressing TPAC, State and local laws, policies, and procedures.
- Must possess a “can do” service attitude, consistently providing excellent customer service to every client, while maintaining the highest level of professionalism. Must also possess strong leadership and communication skills, must be detail-oriented, and able to multi-task.
- Maintains complete and up-to-date event files, records & databases. Work closely with Programming and Sales to monitor contract compliance, music licensing, applicable taxes, and/or permits. Reports any variance or potential non-compliance to Director of Event Services in a timely manner.
- Has a working knowledge of deal structures and supports their fulfillment at the time of settlement and or final billing. Issues invoices, as needed. Administers and/or supervises settlements as required, including handling large sums of money.
- Able to regularly work nights and weekends.
- Able to work at a computer for several hours at a time
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Performs specific tasks as assigned by the Director of Event Services based on departmental needs.
The above listed duties are not all inclusive. This position is expected to perform other work related duties as assigned even though they may not be considered primary duties.
Qualifications & Requirements
Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or University; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
A minimum of 2 years Event Management or Production experience. This is not an entry level position.
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Knowledge of computer operations, including Microsoft Office programs.
Some knowledge of CAD software is a plus.
- Interpersonal skills
- Mastery of details
- Written and verbal communications
- Customer services orientation skills
- Ability to maintain a team work approach
- Strong production or event background.
Color perception X_
Clear Speech X_
Lifting (specify) X
Carrying (specify) X
Shift Work X
Works Alone X
Works w/ Others X
Verbal Contact X
Face to face
Extreme Temps __
Mechanical Equip. __
Electrical Equip. __
Pressurized Equip. __
Moving Objects X
High Places __
Hazardous Material __
Noise X Dirt/Dust X
Reading-complex X Writing-simple X
Basic Math Skills X
Decision Making X Other:
Please submit your resume to Jobs@TPAC.org or mail / fax a resume to:
TPAC Human Resources
PO Box 190660
Nashville, TN 37219
Please, NO phone calls.