Goal & Position Overview
Provides executive support to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) by strengthening relationships with members of TPAC’s boards, State of Tennessee, board committees, staff and vendors. Responsible for clerical and administrative duties for the production, facilities, security and operations teams.
- Responds courteously and promptly to requests from board members, VIPs, State contacts, general public and staff
- Maintains confidential and proprietary information records
- Maintains COO’s calendar
- Schedules travel arrangements
- Composes correspondence for COO’s signature
- Committed to flawless service, impeccable training, seamless orchestration and the pursuit of excellence
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists Event Committee in preparing, communicating and producing staff events: this may include staff meetings, special events, birthday celebrations.
- Supports the work activities of the COO. Maintains the work calendar of the COO. Arranges meetings and conferences as directed and notifies participants.
- Directly supervises one employee in Administration. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Supervises TPAC’s Office Manager, whose primary responsibilities are to handle incoming calls and appropriately route them; answer questions when possible; handle incoming office deliveries and alert recipients and office inventory and ordering supplies.
- Coordinates back-up for receptionist when she is sick, unavailable, or on vacation.
- Implements a control system for documenting guests visiting TPAC’s 3rd Floor Administrative Offices. Deploys, communicates, and trains staff so that all are aware of this and know their role in it. Annually assess the efficacy of the system and make any needed recommendations to improve it.
- Supports the Sr. Director of Building Operations and Safety & Security TPAC team with administrative tasks. Partner with senior management team, maintains close and supportive relationships with other key Department Heads
- Performs administrative duties such as typing correspondence, answering phone calls, organizing, maintaining and filing important documents .
- Compiles and prepares regular or special reports that require the selection of data from various sources
- Processes supervisor’s expense reports, check requests, and purchase orders
- Monitors budget activity and assists the COO in the maintenance of COO budgets
- Have a thorough and complete understanding of each budget of oversight (Mostly Departments 01, 06, 19, 25) – how it works, how any revenue streams are comprised and how they are tied to connected expenses, and the impact they all have on the company budget.
- Manages the TPAC Grand Central Barter relationship and business department ledger, and assists in the fulfillment of the company-wide trade requests
- Secures and manages necessary food needs for all company events.
- Sorts and distributes all office mail, scan in all checks
- Maintains lists of possible complimentary ticket opportunities and assists in ticketing for VIP clients
- Assists special groups with ticket requests
- Serves as one of the back-ups for receptionist when she is sick, unavailable, on vacation and on breaks (1.5 hours per week)
- Maintain/Oversee budget in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Manage this process with COO’s direct reports and help monitor status.
- Daily monitor any revenue pieces through appropriate reports
- Daily monitor expenses through PO’s & payroll approvals and monthly monitoring through thorough review of financials received from the Business Office.
- Assist with sponsorships acquired through Grand Central Barter
- Manages the paperwork and accounting for general institution music licensing – BMI, ASCAP, SESAC.
- Purchase, maintain and inventory TPAC and War Memorial promotional items
- Assist with prep and set-up for all Full Board Meetings
- Support the Chief Operating Officer with the NISSAN Vehicle maintenance: make sure both company Nissan’s have gas, up to date on services, car washes, registration, etc.
The above listed duties are not all inclusive. This position is expected to perform other work related duties as assigned even though they may not be considered primary duties.
Qualifications & Requirements
Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two‑year college or technical school; and/or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Knowledge Required
Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and database management, written and verbal communication skills, ability to take dictation and use office machines such as copy machine and fax machine.
Please submit your resume to Jobs@TPAC.org or mail / fax a resume to:
TPAC Human Resources
PO Box 190660
Nashville, TN 37219
Please, NO phone calls.