Goal & Position Overview
The Floor Manager serves as an interim House Manager on assigned events. The Floor Manager works with the audience informing guests on event proceedings, answering guests’ questions, as well as supervising the usher staff. Qualified applicants will have experience supervising staffs of 10 or more, have experience in customer service, and have general knowledge in the functions of front of house or backstage in the performing arts. Hours vary and depend on the number of scheduled events. We are currently seeking: 1) individuals with availability Monday through Friday until 5:00pm (daytime); and 2) individuals with experience in crowd control and concert management.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Directly supervise event usher crews in assigning positions, monitoring hours, and reporting on job performance, as needed
- Conduct a preshow meeting for the house staff, relaying information to them regarding the event
- Communicate with the Event Technical Director in opening the theater, timing the event, and completing post-show event paperwork
- Listen to customer inquiries and resolve any issues in a helpful, respectful, responsive, and professional manner. Report various audience issues to the House Manager
- Approach audience members and educate/ enforce policies set by TPAC and requested by the event
- Attend to audience injuries – both life threatening and non-life threatening
- Assist House Management in evacuating the theater and lobby spaces
The above listed duties are not all inclusive. This position is expected to perform other work related duties as assigned even though they may not be considered primary duties.
Please submit your resume to Jobs@TPAC.org or mail / fax a resume to:
TPAC Human Resources
PO Box 190660
Nashville, TN 37219
Please, NO phone calls.