Goal & Position Overview
To assist the Director of Information Systems and IT Support Technician with management, maintenance and provision of a stable, secure and highly available computer network, communications system and building display computer systems.
- Respond to the needs of users and provide assistance with resolving problems that arise.
- Follow a regular maintenance plan to ensure network stability, security and availability.
- Assist the Director of Information Systems and IT Support Technician in their duties.
- Works in conjunction with Technical Assistant to provide excellent support.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Answers staff questions in person, via phone and via email on all company supported applications and hardware.
- Troubleshoots telephone, computer, application and printer problems.
- Determines source of computer problems (hardware, software, user access, etc) and advises staff on appropriate action.
- Serves as a liaison between staff and the IT department to help resolve issues.
- Monitors company’s antivirus product for threats and maintains accurate database of machines that have the AV client installed.
- Using and updating the Center’s IT help desk system, provides documents and resolutions for future reference.
- Keeps accurate and current work orders with notations about current status and detailed resolutions when closed.
- Establishes and maintains user accounts, profiles, file sharing, access privileges and security.
- Utilizes Solarwinds monitoring to proactively diagnose and report issues.
- Assists IT Support Technician in maintenance of backup system and regular testing.
- Cabling and terminations to provide data/phone drops to specified locations.
- Keeping IDFs clean and organized using proper labeling.
- Maintains an up-to-date inventory of computer hardware and software.
The above listed duties are not all inclusive. This position is expected to perform other work related duties as assigned even though they may not be considered primary duties.
Qualifications & Requirements
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Experience supporting small- to medium-sized organization on basic technology help desk needs.
- Experience supporting Microsoft Windows 7 and 10, along with Office 2013 and 2016, printers and copiers.
- Experience with Office 365 and monitoring systems.
- Experience supporting Dell servers, desktops and notebooks helpful.
- Familiarity with concepts of networking and routing.
- Familiarity with help desk ticket tracking helpful.
Please submit your resume to Jobs@TPAC.org or mail / fax a resume to:
TPAC Human Resources
PO Box 190660
Nashville, TN 37219
Please, NO phone calls.