Goal & Position Overview
To assist the Director of Safety and Security to insure the safety and security of patrons and employees of TPAC by implementing the department’s policies.
- Provides support for the operations of all safety and security functions at the
Polk building and the War Memorial Auditorium, as well as the other physical sites operated
- Provides security presence and guidance for the safety and security of patrons, guest
and all employees. This includes building security and event security for Andrew Jackson
Hall, James K. Polk Theater, Andrew Johnson Theater, and War Memorial Auditorium.
- Maintain a safe and secure environment for customers and employees by patrolling
property, monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting building, and access points;
vetting personnel and guest entry into the facility.
- Assists the Director to increase the safety and security of patrons and employees.
- Consults and helps implement the new TPAC Safety Program. This includes elements of
the local fire code, OSHA, building safety, NFPA 101 (Life Safety Code), AEDs, and Basic
First Aid & CPR training.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Maintains a safe and secure environment for patrons, employees and contractors by patrolling and monitoring premises and personnel.
- Provide security presence and conduct area security ensuring all doors on TPAC floors are secure during after hours (utilizing QR Guard wand system for accountability) to include; administrative offices, stairwell(s), stage doors, auditorium(s) equipment, and all other access points; vetting entry. Provides relief for other stationary security officers and 3rd floor receptionist.
- Provides security presence, access control, and guidance for patrons as concierge at the TPAC 6th Street main lobby. Completes daily patrol report.
- Provides security presence, access control and serves as concierge at the Stage Door entrance, completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities (camera sweeps); interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures.
- Provides security presence and serves as a 10 member team conducting patron screening, utilizing Magnetometers weapons detectors and screening wands.
- Provide assembly and disassembly of magnetometers and related security equipment for events.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Provides money escorts as needed or escorts to personnel’s vehicles.
- Assists with Preventative Maintenance of safety devices such as but not limited to: fire extinguishers, first aid kits and AED’s
- Provide fire watch for events when directed and maintain proper logs
The above listed duties are not all inclusive. This position is expected to perform other work related duties as assigned even though they may not be considered primary duties.
Qualifications & Requirements
Must have at least five years in the security, law enforcement, medical, or fire profession.
Must have experience working with individuals in high-stress situations. CPR qualifications a plus.
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Must have knowledge of shift coverage and scheduling.
- Must be able to train in “on-the-job” situations.
- Must have good people skills so stressful situations can be diffused effectively.
- Must be willing to work flexible shifts/hours, be on call, and have reliable transportation.
Please submit your resume to Jobs@TPAC.org or mail / fax a resume to:
TPAC Human Resources
PO Box 190660
Nashville, TN 37219
Please, NO phone calls.