KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
COME SEE HOW THE WORLD COULD BE. Welcome to HADESTOWN, where a song can change your fate. Winner of eight 2019 Tony Awards® including Best Musical and the 2020 Grammy® Award for Best Musical Theater Album, this acclaimed new show from celebrated singer-songwriter Anaïs Mitchell and innovative director Rachel Chavkin (“Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812”) is a love story for today… and always. Intertwining two mythic tales — that of young dreamers Orpheus and Eurydice, and that of King Hades and his wife Persephone — HADESTOWN is a haunting and hopeful theatrical experience that grabs you and never lets go.
WHY YOU SHOULD SEE IT
- HADESTOWN marks the first time in over a decade that a woman has been the solo author of a musical writing the music, lyrics, and book, and is the fourth time in Broadway history a woman has accomplished this creative feat.
- “IT ROARS OFF THE STAGE with a ferocity that has not been matched on Broadway in a long while.” – Chris Jones, Chicago Tribune
This production contains strobe-like effects throughout.
HADESTOWN is recommended for ages 8 and up.
HADESTOWN runs 2 hours and 30 minutes including a 15-minute intermission.
30 minutes before the show
PATRON ENTRY POLICY
Masks are strongly recommended for patrons in the venue and TPAC public areas.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES BEFORE YOUR EXPERIENCE
- Review: ‘Hadestown’ a bit of musical theater heaven (tulsaworld.com)
- Q&A: Anaïs Mitchell couldn’t imagine success of ‘Hadestown’ then or now (stltoday.com)
- As ‘Hadestown’ comes to the Kennedy Center, the show’s creators explain the magic behind one great song
- Nathan Lee Graham, Hannah Whitley & More Join the Hadestown National Tour | Broadway Buzz | Broadway.com
- Tony and Grammy-winning composer Anaïs Mitchell sits down with ALT 92.3 to discuss the creation of HADESTOWN: https://hadestown.com/_media/AnaisInterview.mp3
- Cast Album: https://open.spotify.com/album/1J1yxODbNlqKbwRqJxYJUP