Coming to see a little show that starts with an “H” at TPAC? Here is everything you need to know so you don’t throw away your shot at a great time!
First off, if you haven’t purchased tickets yet, a limited number remain at TPAC.org.
Before Your Show
- You bought tickets. Great! As you probably noticed, you did not receive physical or print-at-home tickets to your performance. This is because tickets will only be distributed two hours prior to showtime for will call or 90 minutes prior to showtime via the TPAC Concierge App. Before heading to TPAC, download the TPAC Concierge App on your mobile device and login using your account information.
- There is a strict bag policy in place for all performances of Hamilton. Please do not bring an oversize bag or backpack to the theater. If you’re questioning if your bag is too big, it probably is! We recommend erring on the side of caution and bringing a small over-the-shoulder bag or clutch.
- Hamilton’s run time is 2 hours and 45 minutes with a 20-minute intermission. Please plan on arriving at least 30 minutes before showtime and always leave some extra time for traffic downtown. Schedule your rides, reservations, and babysitters accordingly!
The Day of Your Show
- The day has finally arrived! If you are coming to the New Years Eve or New Years Day performance, please allow extra time getting downtown. While we recommend using a rideshare app to get to TPAC, other options are available. Valet parking will be available for every performance on 6th Avenue by the marquee entrance. The cost for valet service is $30 and it is paid to the LAZ parking cashier inside the lobby at Andrew Jackson Hall box office. There are state lots off of Charlotte Avenue between 7th and 9th Avenue that are FREE after 6 p.m. on weekdays and all day on weekends. This is also a great option if you don’t mind walking a few blocks. Otherwise, the Nashville Public Library Garage is a nearby option as well. **If you are coming on New Years Eve, some of these options may not be available.**
- It’s time to get your tickets! Remember, the person who purchased the tickets will be the one to receive them either at Will Call 2 hours prior to your performance or 90 minutes prior on the TPAC Concierge App. Screenshots of mobile tickets will NOT scan. We HIGHLY recommend downloading the TPAC Concierge App and scanning into the theater. Will Call lines WILL be long, you can avoid the box office lines entirely simply by using the mobile ticket option on the app! If you are adamant about receiving a physical ticket at the box office, please plan on arriving at TPAC 2 hours before the show to make sure you have time to go through the line.
- Security is heightened for all performances of Hamilton. This means that every single person stepping foot into the theater will be checked via metal wand and bags will be searched. As we’ve mentioned, please arrive early to ensure you make it through the security line, pick up your tickets if necessary, and find your seat in time for curtain. If you’re a person that likes to purchase concessions (including a fun specialty drink!) and merchandise before the show, arrive even earlier! We are anticipating all performances to be sold out.
Attending Your Show
- Once you’ve found your seat, it’s time to sit back, relax, and enjoy! While we want everyone to feel at home in the theater, we also want all guests to have a pleasant experience. Remember that there is a 20-minute intermission after ACT 1, about 1 hr 15 minutes into the performance. If you absolutely need to leave the theater during the show, please wait until after a song is done being performed before moving past audience members around you.
- We know you love Hamilton as much as we do, and we’re so excited you’re here! But please refrain from singing songs out loud throughout the show as it distracts other patrons and takes away from the experience. However, feel free to sing at the top of your lungs on the car ride home. 🙂
- Photos and video recording of Hamilton are strictly prohibited. Anyone caught with their phone out will be asked to delete the images and for their phones to be put away. Similarly, please refrain from having your phone out during the performance as the light from the screen is very distracting to other patrons.
- Make sure to share your experience on social media, tagging us and using #HamiltonNASH! We love hearing from you! Just make sure to do this before and after the show 😉
We are thrilled to bring Hamilton to Nashville and can’t wait for you to experience Lin-Manuel Miranda’s masterpiece. Whether this is your first time or 100th time at TPAC, we are happy to have you. For more information or if there are any questions not answered in this article, check out the Hamilton FAQ page or reach out to us on social media.
See you soon!