The performing arts inspire the imagination, encourage self-expression and belonging, and cultivate creative and critical thinking so the leaders of tomorrow can change the world. Tennessee Performing Arts Center presents a series of exceptional performances in theatre, dance, magic, and music so that your students can connect with the performing arts through high-quality instructional material.
Whether you are viewing from the classroom or in our theaters, TPAC’s Season for Young People invites everyone to connect with the performing arts. Look for virtual and live performance options, titles that are new and returning, and grade-level specific recommendations. Be sure to view our standards and curriculum connections, educator resources, and our policies and procedures for the current season.
Prepare for a powerful field trip for your school group:
- Performances suitable for PreK through 12th grade audiences
- Multiple genres including theatre, dance, music, storytelling, opera, puppetry, circus arts, and more
- Excellent and innovative local, national, and international performing arts companies
- Quality virtual performances for school audiences across the state
We supply services that make the season accessible to all students from private, public, and home schools:
- Ticket discounts for school populations with demonstrated economic need
- Travel grants for schools needing help with transportation costs
- Accessibility and special needs accommodations for students with visual, auditory, sensory, and physical limitations
We provide educational resources that expand the season’s reach and impact, including:
- Educator resources including performance details and lessons that connect to curriculum
- Post-performance TalkBacks with performers or members of the show’s creative team
- Day of show information and aids such as bus driver information, theatre etiquette guides, and Social Stories